Dr. Mohammad Mahbobi
Dr. Mohammad Mahbobi
Research Interests*Quantitative Methods and Modelling in Business, Management, and Economics
*International Trade and Trade Policy
*Crude Oil Market
*Use of New Teaching and Learning Technologies and Approaches
Education*B.Sc. Economics and MSc. Economics National University of Iran,(S.B.U.)
*Ph.D. (U of S)
1. Mahbobi, M., & Bezymyannaya, M. (2013). Analysis of Alternative Scenarios in the World Oil Market: OPEC With and Without Russia. Journal of International Business Research, 12(3), 1-16.
2. Hasan, S. and Mahbobi, M. (2013), The Increasing Influence of Oil Prices on Canadian Stock Market, International Journal of Business and Finance Research. Vol(7)3, pp 27-39.
3. Mahbobi, M. (2012), What Factors Influence First-Year Student's Success and Failure at TRU-A Case of Introductory Economics Courses. Journal of Economics and Economic Education Research. Vol(13)3, pp 133-143.
4. Mahbobi, M. and Tran, K. (2012), A Short-Run AVAR Trade Model between Canada and US: A Case of Live Cattle Trade, The Empirical Economics Letters. Vol(11)7, pp 725-738.
5. Mahbobi, M. and Kerr W. (2011), Possibility of Dumping in a Mixed Duopoly Model, Journal of International Business Research, Vol(11)2, pp 73-88.
Supervised Undergraduate Research Papers:
1. A Forecasting Model for Kamloops Water Consumption, Courtney Russet, presented to the 7th Annual TRU Undergraduate Research & Innovation Conference (2012).
2. Kamloops Airport Passenger Traffic Forecast, by Sean Morrison, presented to the 7th Annual TRU Undergraduate Research & Innovation Conference (2012).
3. Value of Residential Building Permits for Single Family Dwellings in Canada, by Christina Smale, presented to the 7th Annual TRU Undergraduate Research & Innovation Conference (2012).
4. Weekly Memberships Forecast at Kamloops Cliffside Climbing Gym, Gordon Taylor, presented to the 7th Annual TRU Undergraduate Research & Innovation Conference (2012).
5. Econometric Analysis of Two Scenarios in World Oil Market: OPEC with and without Russia, by Maria Bezymyannaya.
6. How Canadian University's Enrollment Rates are affected by The Canadian Economy, by Brooklyne Morgan, (2011).
7. Determination of Residential Building Permit Values in Canada, by Christina Smale, (2011).
8. Employment Probability among British Columbians and Albertans, by Sean Morrison. (2011).
9. Forecasting Distance and Online Enrolments- A Methodical Approach for Predicting Future Enrolment of TRU Open Learning, by Melissa Schuurman, (2009).
10. Bezymyannaya M. (2010), Estimating and Forecasting New Car Sales in Canada, Proceedings of 5th Annual TRU Undergraduate Research & Innovation Conference, pp 16-31, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC, Canada.
11. Shapka, B. and Berglilos, R. (2008), Skin Colour and Attractiveness, An Econometrics Analysis, Proceedings of 4th Annual TRU Undergraduate Research & Innovation Conference, pp 107-117, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC, Canada.
12. Forecasting Kamloops Residential Housing Permits, Keely Dempsey, (2006).
Courses Taught*Advanced Topics in Econometrics_Graduate Course.
*Applied Statistics_Graduate Course.
*Principles of Macroeconomics.
*Principles of Microeconomics.
*Forecasting for Business and Economics.
*Statistics in Business and Economics.
*Mathematics for Economics.
*Statistical Methods for Social Sciences.
*Applied Statistical Methods.
*Operational Research in Management Science.
Professional Affiliations* American Economic Association, AEA.
* Canadian Economic Association, CEA.
* Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, CAES.
* Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, STLH.
* International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning, ISSOTL