Position: Assistant professor
InterestsMusic, Sports, Games, Art, Hiking
Research InterestsSaddlepoint approximation; Composite likelihood inference; Variable selection and asymptotic analysis; Graph-based change-point detection; Image denoising; Medical image analysis
Education2011/11-2013/7 Post-doctorate, Statistics, University of Toronto
Supervisors: Nancy Reid
2008/9-2011/11 Doctorate, Statistics, York University
Supervisors: Yuehua Wu
2005/9-2008/7 Master's Thesis, Statistics, University of Science and Technology of China
Supervisors: Baiqi Miao
1998/9-2002/7 Bachelor's, Applied Mathematics, Chongqing University
Supervisors: Wei Huang
17. Xiaoping Shi, Augustine Wong (2018). Accurate tests for the equality of coefficients of variation. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, DOI:10.1080/00949655.2018.1524894.
16. Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu, Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao. (2018). Consistent and powerful non-Euclidean graph-based change-point test with applications to segmenting random interfered video data. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 115(23): 5914-5919.
15. Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu, Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao. (2017). Consistent and powerful graph-based change-point test for high-dimensional data. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 114(15): 3969-3974.
14. Changchun Tan, Xiaoping Shi, Xiaoying Sun, Yuehua Wu. (2016). On nonparametric change point estimator based on empirical characteristic functions. Sci. China Math. 59(12): 2463-2484
13. Baisuo Jin, Yuehua Wu, Xiaoping Shi. (2016). Consistent two-stage multiple change-point detection in linear models. Canadian Journal of Statistics. 44(2): 161-179.
12. Wenzhi Yang, Xiaoping Shi, Xiaoqin Lia, Shuhe Hu. (2016). Approximations to inverse moments of double-indexed weighted sums. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. 440(2): 833-852.
11. Xiaoping Shi, Xiang-Sheng Wang, Dongwei Wei, Yuehua Wu. (2016). A sequential multiple changepoint detection procedure via VIF regression. Computational Statistics. 31(2): 671-691.
10. Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao, Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu. (2014). Approximation of expected value of harmonic mean and some applications. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 111(44): 15681-15686.
9. Xiaoping Shi, Nancy Reid, Yuehua Wu. (2014). Approximation to the moments of ratios of cumulative sums. Canadian Journal of Statistics. 42(2): 325-336.
8. Xiaoping Shi, Xiang-Sheng Wang, Nancy Reid. (2014). Saddlepoint approximation of nonlinear moments. Statistica Sinica. 24: 1597-1611.
7. Baisuo Jin, Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu. (2013). A novel and fast methodology for simultaneous multiple structural break estimation and variable selection for non-stationary time series models. Statistics and Computing. 23(2): 221-231.
6. Guoqi Qian, Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu. (2013). A statistical test of change-point in mean that almost surely has zero error probabilities. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics,. 55(4): 435-454.
5. Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao, Yuehua Wu, Xiaoping Shi. (2011). An M-estimation-based criterion for simultaneous change point analysis and variable selection in a regression problem. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice. 4(4): 773-801.
4. Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu, Yu Liu. (2010). A note on asymptotic approximations of inverse moments of nonnegative random variables. Statistics and Probability Letters. 80(15): 1260-1264.
3. Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu, Baiqi Miao. (2009). A note on the convergence rate of the kernel density estimator of the mode. Statistics and Probability Letters. 79(17): 1866-1871.
2. Tiee-Jian Wu, Xiaoping Shi, Baiqi Miao. (2009). Asymptotic approximation of inverse moments of nonnegative random variables. Statistics and Probability Letters. 79(11): 1366-1371.
1. Xiaoping Shi, Yuehua Wu, Baiqi Miao. (2009). Strong convergence rate of estimators of change point and its application. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. 53(4): 990-998.
Employment History2016/7-2021/6 Adjunct Member
Mathematics and Statistics, York University
2015/7- Assistant Professor
Mathematics and Statistics, Thompson Rivers University
2014/8-2015/5 Assistant Professor
Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, St. Francis Xavier University
Mathematics and Statistics, York University
Mathematics, Hefei University of Technology
Courses TaughtWinter 2017 (TRU): STAT 1200 (Introduction to Statistics); STAT 3050 (Introduction to Statistical Inference)
Fall 2016 (TRU): STAT 2000 (Introduction to Statistics)
Winter 2016 (TRU): STAT 1200 (Introduction to Statistics); STAT 3060 (Applied Regression Analysis)
Fall 2015 (TRU): STAT 2000 (Introduction to Statistics)
Winter 2015 (StFX): STAT201 (Elementary Statistics); STAT331 (Survey Sampling Design); STAT331 (Statistical Methods)
Fall 2014 (StFX): STAT201 (Elementary Statistics); STAT231 (Statistics for Students in the Sciences); STAT333 (Introductory Probability Theory)
Summer 2013 (U of T): STA261H1S (Probability and Statistics II)
Winter 2014 (YorkU): MATH1131 (Introduction to Statistics I); MATH2570 (Elementary Statistics II)
Fall 2013 (YorkU): MATH3330 (Regression Analysis); MATH2560 (Elementary Statistics I)
Summer 2013 (YorkU): MATH3330 (Regression Analysis)