Dr. Warveni Jap
+1 (250) 377-6039
Reading; writing; painting; drawing; traveling; learning new languages; exploring to different and new ideas/cultures/countries; enhancing the living quality & environment of needy people, especially in less- and least- developed nations; bridging the gap between the West and the East.
Global & international marketing; international business studies; international business ethics; strategic leadership & management; integrated marketing communications; relationship marketing; services marketing; economic development in emerging markets; experiential marketing; sustainable marketing; network marketing; multilevel marketing; brand management.
DBA (Doctor of Business Administration)
from the University of Phoenix (UoP) in Phoenix, Arizona, USA
(received in April 2009; on leadership with global marketing, project management, and global business management concentrations)
MBA (Master of Business Administration)
from National Chengchi University (NCCU) in Taipei, Taiwan
(majors in strategic marketing and human resources management on leadership)
BA (Bachelor of Arts)
from the University of Washington (UW) in Seattle, Washington, USA
(major in economic geography on the Pacific Rim countries, minor in business administration)
Refereed Publications and Conference Proceedings:
Jap, W. (2013). Does "Made in ..." Matter to Chinese Consumers? Journal of Global Business Management, 9(1), p.185-196.
Jap, W. (2012). Country-of-Origin Effects on Global Brands: The Chinese Consumer Perspectives. World Review of Business Research, 2(5).
Jap, W. (September 2012). Refereed Conference Proceedings: "Country-of-Origin Effects on Global Brands: The Chinese Consumer Perspective." Global Business Research Conference. Cancun, Mexico. September 24-25, 2012.
Jap, W. (2010). Global Brands vs. Local Brands in Chinese Consumer Mind. Journal of International Business and Economics, 10(2), 91-100.
Jap, W. (October 2010). Refereed Conference Proceedings: "Global Brands vs. Local Brands in Chinese Consumer Mind." International Academy of Business and Economics (IABE) Annual Conference in Las Vegas, USA: Research/Teaching Excellence in Business and Economics. October 17-20, 2010.
Jap, W. (2010). Confucius Face Culture on Chinese Consumer Consumption Values toward Global Brands. Journal of International Management Studies, 5(1), 183-192.
Jap, W. (September 2009). Refereed Conference Proceedings: "Country-of-Origin Effect and Confucius Face Concept on Chinese Consumer Consumption Values towards Global Brands." 5th International Conference of the Academy of Marketing's Branding and Society: The Social, Cultural and Financial Impacts of Brands in the 21st Century. University of Cambridge, UK. September 1-3, 2009.
Marketing & International Business Faculty (December 2002 to Present)
Thompson Rivers University (TRU) in Kamloops, Canada
with additional professional development & service roles at TRU, as follows:
* An International Teaching Faculty at TRU partners in China (December 2006 to Present):
a) Shanghai Institute Technology (SIT) in Shanghai
b) Tianjin University of Technology (TUT) in Tianjin
* A member of 3-year term of TRU MBA Committee (January 2013 to present)
* The Founding Adviser of TRUSU Confucius Institute Club (January 2013 to present)
* A member of 2-year term of TRU Senate International Affairs Committee (December 2012 to present)
* The Acting Chair for the Department of Marketing, International Business, and Entrepreneurship (May 1 to August 10, 2012)
* The Interim Chair for TRU SoBE International Programs Advisory Committee (IPAC)(January to April 2011)
* A committee member of TRU SOBE International Program Advisory Council
* A past member of the Budget Committee of TRU Senate (i.e., an advisory body to TRU Senate on matters within the jurisdiction of Senate, and as an advisory body to the President and Vice Presidents on budgetary policy, processes, and allocations) (2010).
* A past Academic Senator of School of Business & Economics at TRU Senate (2006-2008)
* The Founding Advisor for TRUSU Chinese Students' Association (2004-2006)
A member of ACADEMIC PAPER BLIND-PEER REVIEWERS at the following refereed publications, (2009 to Present):
* European Journal of Marketing
* International Academy of Business and Economics (IABE).
* Journal of Brand Management
A member of TEXTBOOK REVIEWERS, as follows:
Jap, W. and other Canadian marketing scholars (July 2012): a member of textbook organizational change reviewers for "IMC: Advertising & Promotion" publish by Belch & Belch (5th Canadian edition). Toronto, ON: McGraw-Hill Ryerson.
Jap, W. and other Canadian marketing scholars (June 2012): a member of textbook preparation reviewers for "Marketing" published by Grewal et al. (3rd Canadian edition). Toronto, ON: McGraw-Hill Ryerson.
Jap, W. and other Canadian marketing scholars (December 2010): a member of textbook reviewer panel for "Marketing" published by Grewal, Levy, Persaud, & Lichti (2012, 2nd Canadian ed.). Toronto, ON: McGraw-Hill Ryerson.
Director (Professional Services to the Kamloops Community) at KCCA (Kamloops Chinese Cultural Association)
It is a non-profit organization which was founded on May 1, 1977. The KCCA was later incorporated
as a non-profit community and cultural organisation under the "Society Acts" of the Province British Columbia, Canada
Michaels Arts & Crafts (world largest arts & crafts' chained stores) in Vancouver, Canada
Southland Corporation (7-Eleven Convenient Stores which are world largest convenient chained stores) in Victoria, Canada
Business Development Manager, Personal Assistant to Export VP, and Personal Assistant to Marketing Director
Citatah Marble (the largest marble company in South-East Asia) in Jakarta, Indonesia
Overseas Development Managing Director (of the Group in Jakarta Headquarters), and
the CEO & Chief Representative of the Group in Beijing for China market
Djajanti Group (was one of the largest fishery and forestry conglomerates in Asia) in Jakarta, Indonesia
Marketing Sessional Instructor for the MBA program
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) on Jakarta campus, Indonesia
Personal Assistant to the President Director
Gajah Tunggal Group (was the top 5 Indonesian conglomerate then) in Jakarta, Indonesia
Personal Assistant (part time because of being a MBA student) to the Chairman
Chinese Petroleum Corporation (the largest state-owned enterprise in Taiwan) in Taipei, Taiwan
MBA Program (in Canada & Indonesia):
* Advanced Marketing Management (at TRU, Kamloops, Canada)
* Marketing Management (at MSM, Jakarta, Indonesia)
* The Principles of Marketing (at MSM, Jakarta, Indonesia)
BBA Program at TRU, Canada
(including with its Chinese Partners in Tianjin and Shanghai):
* Business Marketing
* Comparative Business Practices Between Canada and China (taught in Tianjin, China)
* Integrated Marketing Communications (taught in Canada & Shanghai/China)
* International Business
* International Marketing
* Introduction to Marketing
* Marketing Research
* Marketing Strategy
* New Venture Creation
* Services Marketing
* Strategic Management (taught in Tianjin, China)
Business Diploma Program at TRU, Canada
* Business Strategy
* Customer Services Marketing
* Introduction to Marketing (for TRU Diploma Programs and First Nation learners from TRU Williams Lake Campus at TRU Weekend University Program)
* Marketing Communications
Academy of International Business (in USA): Member
Academy of Marketing (in UK): Member
Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review (in Taiwan): Member
Advertising Age (in USA): Member
Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability (ARCS) (in USA): Member
Brtish Columbia Association of Cattle Feeders (in Canada): Researcher
eMarketing Association (in USA): Member
European Journal of Marketing (in UK): Academic Paper Reviewer
Harvard Business Review (HBR) Advisory Council (in USA): Consultant
International Academy of Business and Economics (in USA): Academic Paper Reviewer
Journal of Brand Management (in UK): Academic Paper Reviewer
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Publisher (in Canada): Textbook Reviewer
Network for Business Sustainability (in USA): Member
Professor Expert (in USA): Member
TRU Confucius Institute Club (in Canada): Advisor
Women of the Academy of International Business (in USA): Member