Dr. Chris Montoya
Position: Senior Lecturer
Affiliation: BCEOHRN BCRRHRN NEARBC
LinksHomepage URL: http://faculty.tru.ca/cmontoya/index.htm
InterestsTransdisciplinarity, Psychology and Primary Theories of Origin, Stem Cell Research, Psychological Impact of Biological Immortality, Motivational Theory & Activity Levels, Evolutionary Theory, Carbon Sequestration, Psychology and the Law, Ethics, Morality, and Science and Religion as Human Constructions.
Research InterestsMeta-theoretical Convergent Validity, Health and Aging, Neuronal Plasticity, Differentiation and Cloning, Non-local Transgenic Hybrid Superorganism Stem Cell applications, Phenotypic Expression, and Environmental Pressures, Electromagnetic Effects on Cortical and other Cell Function, Hyperbaric Environments, Climate and pyrolization processes.
EducationB.Sc. Animal Behavior (Psychology), University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
M.Sc. (Electrophysiology) Psychology, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ph.D. (Brain and Behavior) Psychology, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Post-Doctoral Placement, Department of Experimental Psychology: Stem Cell Research, Downing College University of Cambridge, England
Publications1. Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society, (1981) Vol.18, No.3,118-120.
2. Physiology and Behavior, (1982)Vol. 31, 729-731.
3. Amicus No. 6307667, National Library of Canada, Ottawa (1984).
4. Physiology and Behavior, (1984) Vol. 33, 621-626.
5. Physiology and Behavior, (1985) Vol. 35, 121-126.
6. Physiology and Behavior, ( 1987) Vol. 39, 513-519.
7. Amicus No. 8772703, National Library of Canada, Ottawa (1988).
8. Behavioral Neuroscience,(1989)Vol.103, No.1, 106-111.
9. Journal of Comparative Psychology. (1989) Vol. 103, No. 2, 184-190.
10. Restoration of Skilled Forelimb Use, III International Symposium on Neural Transplantation, University of Cambridge (1989) Presentation.
11.Progress in Brain Research, (1990) Vol. 82, Chapter 51, Elsevier Science Publishers B. V. (Biomedical Division) pages 459 466.
12. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, Cambridge Review (1990).
13. Journal of Neuroscience Methods (1991) 36:219-228.
14. Psychophysics of Science and Religion, New Visions of Nature, St. Anne's College, University of Oxford, (2006)presentation.
15. Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Business Fraud Prevention Booklet, Publisher J.C.A. ROY in 2000
16. Omega, JSR (2007) Volume 06, No. 01, June, IJSR, India.
17. Migratory Theory of genetic Fitness, National Council for Science and the Environment, Washington D.C. (2008) presentation.
18. World Futures: The Journal of General Evolution, (2009) Volume 65, Number 03, pages 166 175.
19. The Power of Opposites, 34th International Conference on Improving University Teaching, SFU, (2009).
20. Ethics and Bio-Banking, 3rd Global Conference on Evil, Law and the State, Salzburg Austria, Paper presentation, and Chair of Session 3 (2009).
21. The 24th Conference of the European Society for Philosophy of Medicine and Health Care (2010)Selective Abortion Presentation.
22. Audiology, First Nations and Culture in Rural BC: Instructional Film Production; UBC, TRU, & Interior Health (2010)
23. Economic and Legal Issues Surrounding Bio-Banking, The Cutting Edge, Imconference, asynchronous presentation, Pozan, Poland, (2010)
24.US-China Law Review ISSN 1548-6605 USA, Volume 07, Number 03, Serial # 64, pages 30-46. (March 2010), Open Access Journal (Bio-Ethics).
25. US-China Law Review, ISSN 1548-6605 USA, Volume 7, Number 6, Serial #67. (November 2010), Open Access Journal (Economics and Bio-Ethics).
26. Darwin's Intelligent Design, MB Herald, Volume 50,
Number 03, page 17, March, National Magazine, (2011).
27. Journal of Physical Culture, Sports Sciences and Physical Fitness, (November, 2013) 67(2): 143-147.
Employment HistoryUniversity of Calgary Graduate Instructor (NSERC) 1981, 1982, 1987
University of Cambridge (England) Tutorial Lecturer (NSERC & LG) 1988-1990
University of Cambridge (England) Visiting Lecturer 1990
University of Cambridge (England) Visiting Research Fellow 1988-1990
University College of the Cariboo (Kamloops) Lecturer 1990- 2004
University of Northern British Columbia Lecturer 1993
College of New Caledonia (Quesnel) Lecturer 1995-1996
Athabasca University (Williams Lake) Graduate Instructor 2003-2004
Thompson Rivers University (TRU North Campus) Tenured
Assistant Professor Bipartite 2004-2013.
Thompson Rivers University (TRU North Campus) Tenured
Senior Lecturer (Associate Level) 2013-Present
Courses TaughtMethods in Animal Research and Learning
Introductory Psychology 111 & 121
Statistics for the Social Sciences 210
Motivation and Emotion.
Developmental Psychology 213 & 223
Experimental Design 211 & 221,
Early Childhood Education 151 & 161
Human Service Worker 159 & 169.
Personality Psychology 212
Personality Psychology 304 & 320
Abnormal Psychology 216
Social Psychology 222
Brain and Behavior 304
Memory Psychology 333 & 334
Psychology 750 (Graduate Studies AU)
Professional AffiliationsCDC Clinical Supervisor to the FASD Key Worker (2012-2014)
ICBC Therapist PTSD and Closed Head Injury (2012-2103)
CPS Psychometric Test Design and Analysis 1988-2014)
J of Traumatic Stress Reviewer (2013)
Cosby and Rawn, Methods in Behavioral Research, Book Reviewer (2012-2013)
OpenStax College, Open Textbook Reviewer (2013)
Neuroscience Letters, Peer Reviewer, (2009)
BCEOHRN, CYHRN, BCNAR