Dr. Anne Lavack
Position: Professor of Marketing
Phone: (778) 471-8391
2012-13 Member of the Board of Directors for Ishtar Women's Transition Housing, Langley, BC.
2008-2011 Member of the Board of Directors for the Regina & District Chamber of Commerce.
2008-2011 Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) and Chair of the Audit & Finance Committee (3 year term).
2005-2008 Member of Council for the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA), appointed by Lieutenant-Governor
2005-2008 Member of the Board of Directors and Vice-President of the Canadian Council for Tobacco Control
2003-2007 Member of the federal Ministerial Advisory Council on Tobacco Control
2002-2011 Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA); Vice-Chair & Interim Chair from 2009-2011.
Research InterestsSocial marketing; Marketing for Non-Profit Organizations; Advertising; Cause-related marketing; Tobacco marketing & de-marketing
Education2011 C.Dir.(Chartered Director), McMaster University
1997 Ph.D. (Marketing), University of British Columbia
1988 MBA (Finance), University of Manitoba
1984 B.Sc. (Psychology), University of Toronto
Publications1. Basil, Michael, Debra Z. Basil, Sameer Deshpande, and Anne M. Lavack (2013), "Applying the Extended Parallel Process Model to Workplace Safety Messages," Health Communication, 28(1), 29-39. (Impact Factor = 0.971)
2. Cismaru, Magdalena and Anne M. Lavack (2011), "Campaigns Targeting Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Violence," Trauma, Violence, and Abuse, 12(4), 183-197. (Impact Factor = 3.265)
3. Cohen Joanna E., Lynn. Planinac, Anne M. Lavack, Daniel Robinson, Sean O'Connor, and Jo-anne Di Nardo (2011), "Changes in retail tobacco promotions in a cohort of stores before, during and after a tobacco product display ban," American Journal of Public Health, 101(10), 1879-1881. (Impact Factor = 3.926)
4. Planinac, Lynn, Joanna Cohen, Jennifer Reynolds, Daniel Robinson, Anne M. Lavack, and David Korn (2011), "Lottery Promotions at the Point-of-Sale in Ontario, Canada," Journal of Gambling Studies, Volume 27(2), 345-354. (Impact Factor = 1.469)
5. Cismaru, Magdalena, Gitte Jensen, and Anne M. Lavack (2010), "If the Noise Coming from Next Door was Loud Music, You'd Do Something about It: Using Mass Media Domestic Violence Campaigns to Encourage Bystander Intervention," Journal of Advertising, 39(4), 69-82. (Impact Factor = 0.985)
6. Watson, Lisa, Anne M. Lavack, Christina Rudin-Brown, Peter Burns, and James H. Mintz (2010), "Message Content in Automotive Advertising: A Role for Regulation?," Canadian Public Policy, 36(Supp. 1), S49-S67. (Impact Factor = 0.382)
7. Jensen, Gitte, Magdalena Cismaru, Anne M. Lavack, and Romulus Cismaru (2010), "Examining Prejudice-Reduction Theories in Anti-Racism Initiatives," International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 15(2), 181-198.
8. Cismaru, Magdalena, Anne M. Lavack, and Gitte Jensen (2010), "'Don't Suffer in Silence': Applying the Integrated Model for Social Marketers to Campaigns Targeting Victims of Domestic Violence," Social Marketing Quarterly, 16(1), 97-129.
9. Cismaru, Magdalena, Sameer Deshpande, Robin Thurmeier, Anne M. Lavack, and Noreen Agrey (2010), "Preventing Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorders: The Role of Protection Motivation Theory," Health Marketing Quarterly, 27(1), 66-85.
10. Cismaru, Magdalena, Anne M. Lavack, and Evan Markewich (2009), "Social Marketing Campaigns Aimed at Preventing Drunk Driving: A Review and Recommendations," International Marketing Review, 26(3), 292-311. (Impact Factor = 1.177)
11. Cismaru, Magdalena, Anne M. Lavack, and Evan Markewich (2008), "Alcohol Consumption among Young Consumers: A Review and Recommendations," Young Consumers, 9(4), 282-296.
12. Lavack, Anne M., Mrugank V. Thakor, and Ingrid Bottausci (2008), "Music-Brand Congruency in High- and Low-Cognition Radio Advertising," International Journal of Advertising, 27(4), 549-568. (Impact Factor = 1.903)
13. Lavack, Anne M., Sherry Magnuson, Debra Z. Basil, Sameer Deshpande, James H. Mintz, and Michael D. Basil (2008), "Enhancing Occupational Health and Safety in Young Workers: The Role of Social Marketing," International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 13(3), 193-204.
14. Cismaru, Magdalena, Anne M. Lavack, Heather D. Hadjistavropoulos, and Kim Dorsch (2008), "Understanding Health Behavior: An Integrated Model for Social Marketers," Social Marketing Quarterly, 14(2), 2-32.
15. Cohen, Joanna E., Lynn C. Planinac, Kara Griffin, Daniel J. Robinson, Shawn C. O'Connor, Anne M. Lavack, Francis E. Thompson, and Joanne Di Nardo (2008), "Tobacco Promotions at Point-of-Sale: The Last Hurrah," Canadian Journal of Public Health, 99(3), 166-171. (Impact Factor = 1.021)
Employment History2013-present Professor of Marketing, School of Business & Economics, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops
2011-2012 Provost & Vice-President Academic, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Vancouver
2001-2011 Dean (2007-2011) / Associate Dean (2005-2007), University of Regina
Professor of Marketing (2006-2011) / Associate Professor (2001-2006), University of Regina
1997-2001 Associate Professor of Marketing, University of Winnipeg
1994-1997 Assistant Professor of Marketing, Concordia University, Montreal
1990-1994 Research Assistant & Doctoral Student, University of British Columbia
1989-1990 Account Director Operations, McKim Advertising Ltd., Winnipeg
1988, 1990 Senior Research Consultant, Western Opinion Research Inc., Winnipeg
1988 Marketing Manager, Vantasy Ltd., Winnipeg
1984-1987 Media Director, McKim Advertising Ltd., Winnipeg
Courses TaughtBBUS 4480 Integrated Marketing Communications
BUSN 5051 Marketing Management (MBA Online)
BUSN 6150 Advanced Marketing Management (MBA)